Truesday, 1844 Wind 16
Night at the Potterstead east gate
- The party waits in the abandoned guard tower to observe the exchange.
- A number of civilians quietly emerge from the city and gather in an old campsite right outside the east gate. Each has a bundle in his/her arms.
- Shortly, a shuffling horde of dozens of zombies appear from up the trail. The wight, who was once an elf, pushes his way through the horde to speak with the civilians.
- Each civilian presents a treasure to the wight. The treasure from the first is accepted, and he flees back into the town. The second’s is rejected, and the wight draws out his life with a touch, killing him instantly.
- At this point, the party ambushes the zombies. Vayol fires his wand of lightning into the horde of zombies, catching about half of them. The light from that spell is just enough to illuminate the battlefield during the coordinated attack. Salazar fires at the wight, wounding it but angering it. D’Jango casts a protection spell on Zora, who leaps down from the tower, crushing a zombie as she lands.
- The wight instructs his zombies to scatter, and he retreats, treasure in hand. The party begins to wipe out the zombies (many of whom get back up and continue fighting) and lights both gas lamps to eliminate the zombies’ advantage.
- During the fight, both halflings leap from the guard tower and crater into the ground.
- One of the zombies is Tess’s half-brother Gus. Zora puts him down without a second thought, as she never met him.
- D’Jango casts Fly on himself and pursues the wight, but the former ranger disappears into the undergrowth.
- Two civilians fall during the battle, but the other three are safe. They are grateful but fearful of the wraith’s retribution.